Monday, November 21, 2016

Metal Shaping Class By Keino Cycles


Here's a great opportunity to learn metalshaping from one of the best, Keino Sasaki. Keino has graciously offered a $50.00 savings to our community by using the code: chopcult when signing up.


Here's what you can expect:

My basic class is focused on the basic fundamentals of metal shaping that will get you going with the solid understanding of the basic techniques with basic tools. 

Class contents

Stretch/Shrink/Planish

How, Why, Comparison by tool contacts differences and pros and cons.

Demonstration of basic techniques with different tools.

Several Hands-on time throughout the day


Also during the class, I will introduce little more advanced techniques just to show how basic techniques and principles can be applied to different use at the appropriate topic. I am working level 2 of metal shaping class, it's just matter of organizing study materials and appropriate approaches for you understand better. level 2 class coming soon by spring 2017.



Tools/Equipment

I will go through each tool and equipment what /when/how to use.
Aviation snips,electric shear, and beverly shear.
Mallets and shot bag.
Body hammers and dollies.
T-dollies/Post dollies
Shrinker/Stretcher
Tucking fork/Wood stump
Planishing Hammer
English wheel with steel/rubber wheel
20-page textbook that I wrote


The class starts 9am till about 5pm at my shop 12 Van Dyke St Brooklyn NY 11231.

The class is limited to 4 people.

2 people share 1 workstation that consists planishing hammer, set of body hammers, 2 sets of mallets and shot bag. a pair of aviation snips. Small for more one-on-one time with each person. I believe the best way for you learn your skill is you spend time doing them. I will guide you to the right direction with my simplified principles.




Basically, this is the class that I wish I had a chance to attend when I started to shape metal.

I plan to host this class once a month along with level 2 class I am working on. Check back often or sign up on a mailing list for the updated schedule.

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment