Monday, September 26, 2016

This weekend - The War Run




We are proud to be supporting the War Run presented by 33 member BigScott666.

It's time my friends - 1st Annual WAR RUN - Oct 1st - ride will start from Rocky Mount NC to Fort Fisher then proceed on the ferry to Southport.  From there, to my shop "The Compound".  I'm putting this ride together to not only pay tribute to all of the men that lost their lives fighting for "the Fort" but to also bring my brothers together and ride choppers.
-----------------------------------

Go to www.warrun.bigcartel.com to purchase the $20 chopper package which includes: t-shirt/shoprag/ferry ticket/raffle ticket.  All proceeds from the raffle tickets will go towards "Homes for Heroes" 
Don't miss out on these killer raffle prizes...we currently have several sponsors donating some rad stuff.. from swag, custom painted helmets/tanks, hand crafted artwork, and a couple tattoo gift certificates from two talented individuals. All packets will be picked up on Friday night or Saturday morning in Rocky Mount.  This will minimize anyone losing their tickets. 
---------------------------------
Everyone plan to meet in Rocky Mount either Friday night or Saturday morning. You can pile people in rooms at the Candlewood Hotel, then smash some early morning breakfast at the diner across the parking lot.  I'll give the safety brief with all details on the route @  9 am with kick stands up @ 10.
----------------------------------
Tent camping will be available at my shop Saturday night for anyone interested.  
----------------------------------
Big SHOUT OUT to my man Gorgeous George for his incredible talent in drawing up both the flyer and t-shirt design much appreciated brother!!! 
----------------------------------
For anyone interested in sponsoring the event..DM me for details. It's FREE!

Three reasons for coordinating this run:

1.  As a 24 year retired military veteran, I wanted to select a "military theme" name for the run - and designate a battle site for the ride - so Fort Fisher was selected which is located on Kure Beach, NC. 

2.  I also wanted to select an organization that helps wounded military veterans, so I selected  "Homes for Heroes"

3.  Lastly, I simply wanted to to bring my "brothers" together and ride on the open road.  A lot  of my close friends are very busy with family and jobs...so I kinda wanted this to "force" them away.  We all need this therapy, I just like it with my friends because this quality time it's so rare.


No comments:

Post a Comment