Saturday, December 19, 2015

David Mann Chopperfest coverage from Jeff Lisowski


I have the distinct pleasure of meeting fellow members and followers at every event I attend on ChopCult's behalf. I've been following Jeff Lisowski's Instagram for awhile and love his photography. We got to talking and I thought it would be cool for him to give his thoughts on the recent Chopperfest. Enjoy, Lisa.


Myself and some good friends from Blue Collar Choppers in Imperial Beach woke up nice and early- well some of us hadn't actually gone to sleep- to make the three-plus hour trek to Ventura from about as far south as you can get in California. We arrived shortly after 9 AM and grabbed some refreshments. The BCC guys walked around while I stayed behind at the show portion of the festival to grab some shots of the bikes in that morning sun. Elliot Grosshans' 1961 dual carb swing-arm Panhead was stunning in the light. Brent Rogers' 1946 Knucklehead was also immaculate in the morning glory. The show was soon brimming with people, bikes, and vendors. As with most shows, I ran into old friends and made new ones. I stopped by JP Rodman's booth to see his 1977 Frank Frazetta inspired "High Brasil." When I first saw this bike at Born Free 7, I didn't fully appreciate all the details that went into JP's build. So, I spent a good amount of time with JP talking and trying to capture the essence of this beautiful build.




The art show had a ton of talent packed into one small building. Hand tooled leather, custom painted helmets, paintings and a whole lot more. I wandered the vendor booths checking out all the goods. L.A. Speed Shop had a killer 1950 Panhead painted by Buckwild Brand. Cro Customs had a gorgeous 1976 Shovelhead that caught everyone's eyes. eventually caught back up to my friends. Soon it was time to roll south to Neptune's Net in Malibu. No trip down the coast is complete without stopping in for some seafood goodness.





















Check out Jeff's website for more event coverage and give him a follow on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment